Nom Nosh protein flapjacks
This recipe came from my sister-in-law, she's originally from Lithuania and she's a master in the kitchen. She loves to host and some would say she's a feeder - not that I'm complaining, I love to be fed! Especially when it comes to a snack that involves dark chocolate and peanut butter...two of my all time favourite things. Although this recipe is pretty indulgent it still contains some nutritious ingredients, so rest in the knowledge that it's not loaded with sugar but maybe a weekend treat, rather than an everyday snack.
1 cup oats, ground into flour
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/3 cup vanilla vegan protein
1/2 cup crispy GF rice cereal
1/2 cup peanut butter (or your fav nut butter)
1/3 cup maple syrup
1 tsp. vanilla extract
Large bar of dark chocolate (70% cacao or above)
- Grease a loaf tin.
- Combine oat flour, rolled oats, protein powder, and crispy rice cereal. Mix until well combined and set aside.
- In a small pan over medium heat, add peanut butter and maple syrup, stirring until the peanut butter is melted and fully combined with the maple syrup. Stir in vanilla extract.
- Remove from heat and pour into the dry mixture. Stir until everything is fully combined.
- Pour into prepared loaf tin. Using a spatula or your hands, spread the mixture evenly in the tin, pressing down firmly.
- Melt chocolate and layer over the top of the packed mix using a spoon. Sprinkle with cranberries, hemp seeds and pumpkin seeds.
- Place pan into fridge and allow to cool for ~30 minutes before cutting into bars. Can be stored for up to a week in the fridge.
Enjoy lovelies! x